Monday, August 10, 2009

Mainstay, not Mainstays!!!


You know, I've always wanted to know what my future job would be. Now I know. Concord employee.
Well, yesterday, my mom and I went to Mainstay, not Mainstays, to go visit her fellow employees. And then we went to Shoe Carnival and then Sam's Club.
So I woke up, and went to go sit in out blue rocking chair. I sat there for a while and then went back to bed. When I woke up again, my mom was up, smoking a cancer stick. I didn't know how she had the enrgy. She got off work at 3:00 a.m. and got home at four. She drives like and old lady. Slow and really close up to the wheel. But we're not talking about my mother's driving, now are we???
So we talked and then got ready, and went in my mom's limo, and by limo I mean a 2001 silver van, and then we went off.
Larry, my mom's other fellow employee and 21-year-old young enough to be my mom's son and my dad's grandson, called and asked for some breakfast snce he had been at the hotel since three in the morning. I would of been loopy by then, but Larry was a hard worker, so that's good. So then it all started.
When we went in the McDonald's, it was pretty hectic. Only one cash register was open, and then I saw a woman with a grease and food stained shirt. I read her nametag, Debbie. Hmm.
This Debbie person seemed kinda not-so-pleasent. When we went to order our frozen food buffet, we had to repeat out order, oh, maybe 20 TIMES?? She was kinda snippy and snappy.
And then this really fat log cuts in front of us, and by log I mean hungry bear, and by hungry bear, I mean pretty mad man who's hungry.
The man: "My food is cold I want my money back." (says angrily. so ungentlemanlike!!!)
So called Debbie: (ponders and fiddles with the cash register for a meer 2 seconds.) "I'm sorry sir but we are very busy.
The man-bear person thingy fat hungry man: "My food is cold and I want my money back!!!" (repeated his problem. I don't think she's def. He needs a chill-pill.)
Then comes his wife, and then she tells him to sit down and then settles the whole thing out. All the time my mother and I were making our comments and laughing. Drama in a Mickey D's. Next time on Drama Burger.....
So we got our frozen heat-warmed food and went our way, still commenting on the man. Then we got there. I wanted to carry the two bags because it would look like I was there to Darlene and Larry's rescue with the food. But mom insisted that she carry one. Oh well, too bad for sucking up....
When we went in, I met Larry and I ate my hot cakes and sausage at the front desk to keep him company. I know, I am a giver. Darlene wasn't there so we had to wait for her to get her food. I took a little piece of her hash brown and eat it. Yummy!!! Then mom made a HUGE deal out of a tiny little piece of golden hash brown. When Darlene came in, we all laughed about it and then dug into our food.
We went and sat in the breakfast area and I helped Emanuel clean off the tables and I vaccumed. I also mingled with the guests, (since that's what good employees do), and then we had to leave. I didn't want to, but we had to get shoes.
We tried Old Navy. When we were there, these people gave us a look, and I gave them a look back. They were in front of our buggy and didn't even say excuse me. My mom said loud enough so they could hear, "We're in Pennsylvania, honey, and nobody says excuse me." So we tried Shoe Carnival, and when I found etnies and a backpack, I was set for school. Then we went to Sam's to get food and then Wal-Mart to get my other school supplies.
So there we have it. Thanks for reading my blog!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment