Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The Crick, Not Creek. Get Hoopified.


So, let me get this straight for all you non-hoopies out there: it's a crick, not creek. Yeah, Pensylvanians, you've just been hoopified. Deal with it.
So, one day I was at home enjoying a book from my ever-present library. Then I hear a knock on the door, and it was my grandpa. So I let him in.
He sat down on our blue love-seat, and I sat next to him. We made some small talk and then he asked if I wanted to the crick. Of course, when a hoopy has the opportunity to go and get mud in their feet and get soakin wet, you are most likely to say yes. So I did.
So when I went to go to bed, I easily fell into uncounousiness, a dreamless sleep. I went to bed about 11:00, and because of the adrenaline rush mixed with excitement, I woke up at 8:48.
So I woke up wobbily, and first I had to pee. I sat on the toilet and did what I had to do, and since our flusher was broken, I had to take the porcelain lid off and take the blue stick and pull. I washed my hands and went into our small but cozy living room.
I talked to my mom, and asked for some pancakes. She said yes and so she made me my pancakes. She tried to put some syrup on, but I said no, that my job. So I got out the chocolate syrup and drizzled the mini pancakes with that, plus some maple syrup. When I was just about to finish my last pancake, grandpa knocked on the door, and I answered.
"I was just coming over and seeing if you were ready to go." he said. He smiled and went into the living room. My mom and him talked, and I eavesdropped, my proffesion.
So after they were done talking, we went over to my grandparent's house. I was wearing my white Joe Boxer's my grandpa had bought for me the day before, and I was wearing striped pants and a March of Dimes yellow tee that I had gotten for walking for the March of Dimes.
So afer a fiew minutes of talking to my grandma, we headed off to pick up Laura and Hailey, My grandparent's daughter (Laura) and grandaughter (Hailey). I sat in the front, and of course grandpa sat in the driver's seat. Do you think I can drive???
When we got there, Hailey was wearing one of my old shirts and striped pants. We all got in the silver Toyota, Me and Hailey sittin in the back.
"Let's hold hand's all the way there!!!" she squealed. I had known Hailey ever since she came out of the hospital.
So we started out of the drive, and my grandfather stopped to get cigars. Then we were on our way.
It wasn't a long trip, maybe 15-30 minutes. When we got there, the trail was steep, so Hailey had to hold Grandpa's hand, and I just walked slowly.
When we got there, it was beautiful, serene. The water wasn't deep, there were rocks and mud making a sea floor.
My grandpa went to the moving water, and Hailey went to the calm. It was strange, there were water bugs on top of the water, when we tried to catch them, they jetted away. Then we went over to the rapid waters.
I went farther and farther up, while the rapid water was getting stronger. I sat down, and then lay down, in the water. And then it floated me all the way to the bottom. I repeated this many times, and even tried to get Hailey to do it too. She refused.
We sat on big rocks, I caught a minno, grandpa caught a crab, Hailey and I caught some water bugs, and then we played some more.
When it was almost time to leave, Hailey declared she was hungry (and so was I), so when we were coming back, we stopped at Mickey D's and had McDoubles with fries and Cokes. When you're a hoopy and you haven't eaten, than that is a darned good meal.
So I'm done, that was the adventure. And for all you elegant richies out there, you just got pwned, by a hoopy.

No comments:

Post a Comment